Day 8 of 25 Days of Christmas: A Holiday Gift Guide (Thoughtful Couples Gifts)
Treat those special couples in your life to some romantic one on one time together with one of these thoughtful and unique Christmas gifts. Because sometimes, in this busy world, there’s nothing better than quality time spent with your significant other.
- Treat them to an old-school dinner and a movie date with a gift certificate to their local drive-in theater and a gift card to a cute diner like Johnny Rockets or Steak ‘N Shake. They’ll get that old-school nostalgic drive-in experience — which will allow them to have some alone time in the car where it won’t disturb others if they talk. If you want to go the more luxurious route, or if there’s no drive-in theater where they live, you could look up a luxury cinema — they usually serve dinner and drinks as well, but I would give them a Starbucks gift card with enough balance on it to buy them each a drink so they can have some time to actually sit and talk to each other after the movie — which is usually a no talking zone.
- One thing that’s been gaining a lot of popularity these days (with good reason) are those “wine & paint” events where people are guided through an easy painting while being served wine, cheese and other refreshments. Check their local listings on Yelp for a highly rated wine and paint event and purchase them a gift certificate.
- If you’re shopping for a more adventurous couple consider getting them tickets to an escape room or a murder mystery dinner. Escape rooms are fun and they make you work together as a team to get out. And murder mystery dinners are making a comeback just as escape rooms are making their mark. Restaurants like The Old Spaghetti Factory are now hosting the infamous Murder Mystery Experience.
- This one is for the concert couples. Give them an online gift card to Ticketmaster, StubHub, or Live Nation so they can see one of their favorite bands or artists together.
- Last, but not least is a romantic at home spa experience. Get them a luxurious all natural bath bomb, bubble bar, and massage bar from Lush Cosmetics as well as some chocolates from Sees or Godiva, and of course a nice bottle of wine or champagne. If they’re not a drinking couple you could give them a nice loose leaf tea blend and a reusable tea steeper, or even a couple of mason jars with individual DIY hot chocolate kits. Package it all up in a simple gift basket from the dollar store or dollar section at Target and wrap in clear cellophane, a bow and you’re good to gift! For the DIY hot chocolate kit simply put 1 cup of Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers (or white chocolate melting wafers — or a mix of both) into each mason jar and lid it. Tie a candy cane around it with some rustic twine or a ribbon with a tag attached that gives them the instructions on how to make the hot chocolate (boil 1 1/2 cup of their choice of milk and then pour it over the chocolate in the mason jar, stir carefully with candy cane to melt chocolate, enjoy).
Next up: One stop shop gifts for the whole family!