Sprinkles Strawberry Frosting Recipe
This is the amazing strawberry buttercream frosting you get when buying Strawberry cupcakes from Sprinkles. It's a simple recipe, but it's decadent and rich and oh so good!
Heres what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of whole strawberries (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of unsalted butter (soft enough to mix, but still cold and firm)
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups of sifted powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Heres how you make it:
Use a food processor or blender to purée strawberries. In a medium bowl, whip together butter and salt. Gradually add powdered sugar (using a lowered speed on the mixer) and beat it until it is well blended. Add 3 tablespoons of the strawberry puree as well as the vanilla and then mix it just enough to blend it all together.
*this isn't part of the actual recipe, but you can definitely use a teaspoon of strawberry extract in place of the puréed strawberries if you want. I was curious about using the extract, so I tried it and it came out pretty good!